Announcements & News
Welcome to the City of Akron Recreation & Parks Division
Community Center Visioning
Recreation and Parks Update (9/24/2020)
The City of Akron Recreation and Parks Division is excited to welcome back programming and visitors to our community centers. The safety of our visitors and staff members is our highest priority. We will have safety guidelines and procedures in place for all of our centers that are based on the guidance of the Ohio Department of Health’s Responsible Restart Ohio, the Summit County Public Health department, and City of Akron policies.
Keeping You Safe
Safety measures that we are implementing include:
· Access to the facilities is limited to registered participants, scheduled programming, and staff.
· Programming will be limited.
· Group sizes for programs and meetings are limited to 10 participants or less.
· All visitors must sign in when entering the facility.
· Staff will perform temperature checks on each visitor/participant when they arrive.
· Face masks are required while in the facility.
· Social distancing and maintaining at least six feet between individuals in all areas of the facility.
· Stay home if you have a fever, are sick or not feeling well, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
· If a visitor has a temperature or exhibits signs of illness, the visitor will not be permitted entrance to the facility.
· Participants involved with City of Akron Recreation and Parks programs will need to review and sign the program waiver and health addendum waiver before participating.
· Buildings may be closed for a short time period to disinfect properly between programming.
· Community center spaces will be cleaned and sanitized by staff and custodial crews daily.
If you have any questions about specific programming, please contact your local Community Center for additional details.
· City parks remain open for outdoor activities like walking or jogging.
· Playgrounds opened to the public on June 10. Please be advised that the City of Akron does not regularly clean or sanitize playground equipment. All individuals are encouraged to practice 6+ feet of physical distancing from those outside their household. If you are feeling sick, please stay home. Use at your own risk.
· Tennis courts are open.
· Field permits are being issued through the Sports division, 330-375-2855.
· Basketball courts will be opened to the public at the end of September. All individuals are encouraged to practice 6+ feet of physical distancing from those outside their household. If you are feeling sick, please stay home. Use at your own risk.
· Shelter permits are not being issued this season.
If you have any additional questions you can contact the Recreation and Parks Administrative Office at 330-375-2804.