Announcements & News
Welcome to the City of Akron Recreation & Parks Division
Community Center Visioning
Recreation and Parks Update (3/1/2022)
The City of Akron Recreation and Parks Division continues to be open and offer programming at our community centers. The safety of our visitors and staff members is our highest priority. We will have safety guidelines and procedures in place for all of our centers that are based on the guidance of the Ohio Department of Health’s Responsible Restart Ohio, the Summit County Public Health department, and City of Akron policies.
Keeping You Safe
Safety measures that we are implementing include:
· Access to the facilities is limited to registered participants, scheduled programming, and staff.
· Programming will be limited.
· Effective 3/1/2022 face masks are optional while in the facility.
· Maintaining social distancing as much as possible.
· Stay home if you have a fever, are sick or not feeling well, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
· If a visitor has a temperature or exhibits signs of illness, the visitor will not be permitted entrance to the facility.
· Participants involved with City of Akron Recreation and Parks programs will need to review and sign the program waiver and health addendum waiver before participating.
· Community center spaces will be cleaned and sanitized by staff and custodial crews daily.
If you have any questions about specific programming, please contact your local Community Center for additional details.
· City parks remain open for outdoor activities like walking or jogging.
· Playgrounds and outdoor courts are open for the public to use.
· Field permits are being issued through the Sports division, 330-375-2855.
If you have any additional questions you can contact the Recreation and Parks Administrative Office at 330-375-2804.